Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Week 7 EOC: Tell Me About Your Career Goals

Ever since I was a young girl, I’ve always had career goals. Although they have changed throughout my life as I grew older, I’ve always made decisions that I felt would bring me closer to achieving those goals. Now that I am 21 years old, I have ultimately decided that I want to have a career in the film industry, more specifically as a Director.

Recent career goals I’ve achieved were directing my own, two short films. After I directed my first short film, I realized that I wanted to pursue directing as an ultimate career, but that in order to reach that goal; there were numerous things I still had to improve on. I put my focus towards building upon my strengths and addressing my weaknesses and developing them into opportunities for progression.  By the time I was set to direct my second short film, I was prepared. I felt confident in all my decisions for framing, editing, and directing my actors. My second short film was not only a success for me, but also for my cast and crew.

Whatever current career goals you have at the moment, once achieved, they should bring you closer to your ultimate goal. My ultimate career goal is to be a respected director within the film industry. I am still far from that goal, but all my current goals are going to help me finally reach it. My career goal as of now, is to finish my third short film that I am currently co-directing. In order to achieve it, I’m going to maintain my focus and enthusiasm for the project until it’s final completion. In terms of my next job opportunity, a key factor to evaluate is whether or not it will it enhance my skill and knowledge as a professional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment