Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Week 5 EOC: How Has Art Changed You?

In class today we viewed the film Whatever Works and saw how art changed Marietta. In terms of applying the question “How has art changed you?” to myself, I would have to say that art didn’t necessarily change me. There was no pivotal moment in my life that made me turn to art and as a result changed who I was. In other words, I believe that art made me. Art has constantly played a huge part in my life. Growing up, I gravitated towards creating art and learning about it. As I grew older and art became a minor focus in comparison to other subjects in school, I continued to use it and incorporate it into my projects for all my different classes. Art has been and will always be there for me. Up until now, I have constantly referenced, used, borrowed, and created art. I don’t feel like art changed me, but developed me. It developed me as an artist and influenced my ideas and has given me a whole new perspective on the world, people, and myself. Art has influenced the way I see places and things, and the way I see the relationships people have with one another and the relationships I have with people. It’s influenced the way I write, the way I take pictures and film movies, and the way I speak. Art is always evolving and I think that means I am always evolving as well. So ultimately, art made me who I am today and will make me who I am in the future and as it changes, so will I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment