Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Week 6 EOC: Seduction Of The Online Surfer

When people go online and surf the web, it generally takes them only a mere five to six seconds to decide whether or not they want to stay on a certain website. In order to get people to stay on my website for longer than six seconds, I will need to grab their attention. The best way to grab someone's attention is by being bold, and unlike anything they've seen recently or ever before. Something that is simple, yet eye-catching so that it intrigues the viewer.

I plan to seduce the online surfer by doing the five following things:
1. Include a slideshow of stills from films I've created so that they can get a gist of the cinematic quality of my work and want to see more and see the stills in action.
2. Have my twitter feed on my homepage so that all and any viewer can instantly see that I am active and creating, talking about, and being involved with fresh content. 
3. Include a 10 sec reel compiled of the films I've created. With this, the online surfer can see the stills from the slideshow in motion but not yet in their full context and with that, be curious as to know the story behind each frame and therefore, most likely, watch my videos. 
4. Create a simple, fluid, and easily accessible interface so that online surfers can browse and navigate through my website effortlessly which makes their time on my site at ease and free of frustration and confusion.
5. Including a unique and original logo that will resonate in their minds after only seconds of seeing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment